Sunday, July 5, 2009

Finding the Fox Within

Have you ever experienced a time in your life when you felt as though you were in perfect harmony with the Universe? A time when anything you wanted, you were sure to receive?

Yesterday morning, I went out for a big run, and while the first half of it was spent in thought, the second half was spent in pure enjoyment. I love to just observe the earth in those quiet morning hours, and I challenge myself to be silent too.

Sometimes, when I'm running, I pretend that I have a pack of dogs with me. I can almost hear them panting, their nails clicking on the pavement, and kicking up the dirt on the side of the road. But mostly, I can feel what it would be like to run with a pack of dogs. I like dog energy. So on my run I asked the Universe to send me some dog energy. I got the reply "But that's not what you need right now". I shrugged my shoulders, and moved on.

A few minutes later, I saw a beautiful fox at the edge of someones property. All I could say was ~ Thank You ~. I've been researching fox symbolism, and it seems to me that the fox prefers to keep herself hidden unless absolutely necessary. Outside of mating and child-rearing, they seem to prefer a life of solitude.

The most significant thing I found was on http://www.shamanicjourney.com/article/6018/fox-power-animal-symbol-of-camouflage-quick-wit-cunning-agility-magic

"When we learn to detach from our surroundings and to use all our senses to be observant, we will also be able to anticipate and create the future... Fox is a wise, potent, teacher for those who choose to live conscious and deliberate lives."

Many of the fox's traits are not one's I thought I could ever claim as my own, however I seem to become more malleable every day. If I could choose some of her traits they would be: stealth, courage, ability to observe unseen, persistence and swiftness.

I'm going to use the Fox in my meditations, and in my everyday life for guidance and protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment