Thursday, July 31, 2008

Living between visible and invisible worlds

My daughter is not listening to me lately. Sometimes I don't listen to myself either, so perhaps I shouldn't be so hard on her. She's been getting time on the naughty spot nearly every day for not listening, pulling the cat's tail, kicking her brother, etc. I guess that's probably normal 2 1/2 year old stuff.

As for me, I am trying to remain level headed, and trying to live on the borderline of the visible and invisible worlds. It is not always so easy. Today, I was walking with my daughter up the street, and I was fully in the moment. Feeling the hardness of the road beneath my feet, listening to the birds in the distance, feeling the air on my face, and hlding my sweet daughter's hand. It was really nice. Then later we were walking to a friend's house and she didn't want to hold my hand, she kept walking into the middle of the road, not listening when I was trying to get us to safely cross the street. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh. I try to be patient, but it's really not easy sometimes. Becoming a mom is becoming a saint.

I am a warrior woman though. I will be stubborn and keep trying to balance these visible and invisible worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment