Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Reflective Power of Autumn

I find myself in a space of contemplation today. Perhaps it is the beautiful fall weather ~ crisp, cold and reflective.

As I get older, I find myself going with the flow of my life, rather than struggling to attain that which I do not have. On another day, a year or so ago, I wouldn't have felt comfortable with the silence of the afternoon. Today, I feel so comfortable and so at peace with who I am; with who I have become in the past year.

In writing this blog, I always try to be as honest with myself and you, the reader, as I possibly can. I am a spiritual being having a human experience. For me, it is so important to remember this truth. We are here to experience every single aspect of being human ~ the innocence, the naivety, the failures and the successes.

My oldest child will be four years old this month, and I find myself amazed that so much time has gone by. I am so grateful that I have stayed home with my children because I am having the time of my life. My children bring me so much joy everyday. I am so lucky. Soon I will be coming into a time when I will have to begin letting go of them. Thankfully that day is not today.

Enjoy your Fall.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Nicole,

    I too have been feeling more contemplative as autumn's light evokes the changing phases in the cycles of life. I am grateful for wisdom with maturity.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad today is not the day to let your little ones go and so happy you are a stay-at-home Mom. From one who has been there, I don't think there is anything better! This is a great up-lifting post...thank you.

    Have a very wonderful Thanksgiving, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly does feel like the time to feel grateful for everything. Thank you for your encouragement Marion!

    I hope you both had a happy Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete